Accreditation helps health care organizations improve their performance for the benefit of their clients and the health system.
Each of Accreditation Canada's client organizations have chosen its ISQua-accredited program to help them pursue excellence, improve their performance, and guide their ongoing quality and safety initiatives. They do so both as a mark of pride and as a way to create a strong and sustainable focus on quality and safety within their walls.
Our approach to accreditation strengthens the quality improvement efforts that organizations already have underway. It helps them:
- Assess their services and find out where to focus their improvement efforts
- Develop standardized processes to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Mitigate risk and support the uptake of best practices
- Build a culture of quality, safety, and excellence
- Identify leading and commendable practices
- Publicly promote their commitment to offering safe, high-quality services